ACE have arranged a best practice Meeting (BPM) at The Edge conference centre in Sheffield for all things related to training in the field. This will include an update on the Andrology Scientist Training Programme (STP).
For more information and details on how to register for attendance please see below:
As part of ACE’s ongoing commitment to provide up to date information and news to the Reproductive Science community, ACE would like to inform you that we have arranged a Best Practice Meeting (BPM) at The Edge conference centre in Sheffield for all things training. The last BPM for training was held in 2015 as schemes such as the STP programme were gaining momentum. Since then various training schemes for all levels of employee have matured and new ones are being implemented. We hope the BPM will provide a forum for you to find out more information about every level of training from HSST/RCPath to Apprenticeships. There will also be time set aside for open discussion to allow attendees to ask questions of speakers or discuss what has been said.
The day will be FREE to ACE members or £50 for any non-ACE member that wishes to attend. Places are limited therefore ACE will initially be restricting the event to one delegate per unit, we recommend attendance by a senior member of staff. However please do email in with a second delegates name as if places remain unused they will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. If you wish to attend please email Hannah.Kennedy@Bathfertility.com with your full name, place of work as well as information about if you are an ACE member or not. ACE members need to detail their ACE membership number.
The deadline for informing ACE of your attendance at the event is Friday 30th March 2018.
Confirmed subjects and speakers for the day include but are not limited to the following:
Welcome/ACE Future Workforce – Jason Kasraie – Chair of ACE.
- NSHCS update on HSST training – Berne Ferry – Head of the National School of Healthcare Science.
- HSST Equivalence – Beth Dodson – Development Co-Ordinator – The Academy of Healthcare Science.
- What is the HSST like? – Speaker TBC, current HSST student.
- RCPath Update – Dr Bryan Woodward
- STP Application Process/Funding/In-Service vs National Trainees/Accreditation of units – Rachel Cutting – STP Working Group Lead.
- Employer Funded STP Route – Jason Kasraie – Chair of ACE.
- STP Review/Equivalence for STP – Rachel Cutting – STP Working Group Lead.
- Role of an STP Training Officer – Nicky Monks – Chair of the Training Committee.
- Andrology STP Programme – Dr Michael Carroll – Manchester Metropolitan University.
Practitioners, Assistants and Associate & Apprenticeship update:
- Practitioner Training update – Talk to be confirmed – Nicky Monks – Chair of the Training Committee.
- Apprenticeship Update – Mandy Scott – Training Manager, Learning and Development Department, Sheffield.
- ACE Assistants and Associates Training Scheme – Talk/Speaker to be confirmed.
We hope that you are able to attend the event.
Hannah Kennedy (née Williams) – ACE Exec Training Liaison